Sound Bath Journey
what you need to know about sound healing
Sound Bath Journey fuses soothing harmonious melodiousness with vibrational therapy and energetic healing. It is a journey in soundscape spaces designed for deep relaxation, meditation and letting go
Sound Bath Journey fuses soothing harmonious melodiousness with vibrational therapy and energetic healing. It is a journey in soundscape spaces designed for deep relaxation, meditation and letting go. Journey to moments of being held and cared for, to places in quest of resolution. It is the kind of experience that you would treat your soul for — a cosmic sound therapy spa.
Here’s an intro to Sound Healing and Sound Bath Journey in general, for those needing a broader explanation:
Sound Affects Our Body and Mind
Sound is powerful! We know that the sound like the one produced by nature, or on the contrary, construction site noise, can make us feel really good or make us go ‘out of our mind’. Similarly we’re also aware of how music effects us, for instance, in the way that some particular tunes spark specific memories and emotions, while other tunes can affect our mood and may help us concentrate.
Although we’re aware of the effects of sound for healing and the effects of sound contamination, most of us don’t really follow a particular regimen for inducing a positive sound healing experiences or for cutting out sound contamination.
Sound Healing Modalities
Different Sound healers use different instruments and sometimes may default to using only their voice. Sound Bath Journey and the work of sound healing as a therapeutic modality can be categorized into three main groups:
- Musicality – Soothing and relaxing harmonious musicality (not used by all sound healers and practitioners)
- Vibrational therapy by using vibrating sound healing tools such as tuning forks, crystal bowls and gongs to create rate modulation binaural frequencies and euphonic frequencies that affect different brain waves. Also by creating particular frequencies that resonate well with specific physical and energetic centers (chakras).
- Energetic Healing – The sound healer uses their power of intention and perception to create the setting/ambiance and hold the space for whatever processes the sound bath participants are going through. This part of the work depends on the sound healer’s particular experience and inclination towards energetic work.
Sound Healing Research and Studies.
Sound healing existed for millenniums in many of the indigenous cultures of the world , in which sound and music played an integral roll in spiritual practices, medicine work and folklore. In the modern west, sound therapy is relatively a new and emerging healing art and it has few supporting studies and little funding for research. That being said, many people attending sound baths and private sound therapy sessions are reporting lots of benefits such as deep relaxation, overall rejuvenation and relief from fatigue, decrease in stress, anxiety and depression, improvement in ptsd symptoms, less insomnia, and pain management. There’s also great work being done with those suffering from Autism, Alzheimer and Parkinson. If you’re interested to learn more about the medical and scientific aspects of sound healing, we have compiled a growing list of articles and references to sound healing related studies and research:
- Binaural Beats study by Dr. Vincent Giampapa https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320019.php
- Effects of Singing Bowl Sound Meditation on Mood, Tension, and Well-being: An Observational Study https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2156587216668109
- Music and sound as medicine: Effects on premature infants, pain management, Stress reduction and Parkinson:
- The works of Dr Alfred Tomatis and the ‘Psycholgy of Hearing’ – http://www.soundtherapyperth.com/research/
- ABS, Auditory Beat Stimulation and its Effects on Cognition and Mood states
- Gerald Oster Auditory Beats in the Brain, Slow modulations called binaural beats https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auditory-beats-in-the-brain/
- TBI rehabilitation – Effects of binaural-beat stimulation on recovery following traumatic brain injury: http://journals.sfu.ca/seemj/index.php/seemj/article/viewFile/42/32
- Binaural beat audio has the potential to decrease acute pre-operative anxiety significantly. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16115248, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1365-2044.2005.04287.x
- Original sound compositions reduce anxiety in emergency department patients: a randomized controlled trial https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2011/195/11/original-sound-compositions-reduce-anxiety-emergency-department-patients
- An interesting study about sound stabilization and breathing. https://nyaspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nyas.12650
- Auditory stimulation over a long time at a frequency of 5 Hz generates a coupling of brain activity that increases the capacity of immediate verbal memory. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18985458
- An Introduction to the Psychology of Hearing is the leading textbook in the field of auditory perception, also known as psychoacoustics – https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=LM9U8e28pLMC
- Interesting: Listening to 15Hz binaural beats during a visuospatial working memory task can increase the response accuracy and change the properties of the supporting cortical networks. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5125618/
- LFSS (Low Frequency Sound Vibration) treatment showed statistically and clinically relevant improvement in Fibromyalgia (FM), a syndrome involving body pain, fatigue, sleep deprivation, cognitive changes and mood swings https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4325896/
- Ultrasound waves sent to specific brain regions can alter a person’s mood https://uanews.arizona.edu/story/good-vibrations-mediating-mood-through-brain-ultrasound
Vibrational Massage for your entire Being
Guy is a sound healer, yoga/meditation teacher and spiritual minister who enjoys shedding light on the gloomy. An advocate for living playfully a purposeful life, while improving human ecology and expanding self awareness of the body mind ecosystem.
Listen on the go!
High Quality Recordings
of Live SoundBath Journeys